Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > R1 > Which motorcycle should i buy a Ducati 848 or Yamaha R1??? give reasons!!!?

Which motorcycle should i buy a Ducati 848 or Yamaha R1??? give reasons!!!?

This is a discussion on Which motorcycle should i buy a Ducati 848 or Yamaha R1??? give reasons!!!? within the R1 forums, part of the Yamaha category; ok well im going to buy a bike in about 2 months and ive narrowed it down to these 2 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008   #1

Default Which motorcycle should i buy a Ducati 848 or Yamaha R1??? give reasons!!!?

ok well im going to buy a bike in about 2 months and ive narrowed it down to these 2 but i cant decide plz help.
CALiCoMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008   #2

they are completely differant bikes for a start!if you want something that will chuck along in any gear then go for the duke, and R1 is more track race day orientated, they aint that comfirtable, and you'll always be revving the balls of it, trust me its addictivebut if it was me i would definately go for the ducati, the noise from a big v twin, the roaring ofbeat it is just unbeatablebut, ducati aint know for reliability, you can be assured with the R1 it wont break down if looked after well
scootern00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #3

The R1 cause it costs lessall bikes depreciate in value so its wise to spend less cause you end up losing less moneyplus the upkeep and the parts cause more for the Ducati
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #4

Buy both!
Ken L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #5

The R1 is cheaper, less maintenence, has a much higher horsepower engine and is a lttle more comfortable to ride on the streets. Its known to get away from even the most experienced riders. Don't sneeze while giving it power.The 848 is prestigeous, rarer, has more torque (and arguably, more managable&useable power), and a chassis that is breed for the race track. It also has a repuation as being expensive to maintain (high $ valve adjustments) and rack-like uncomfortable to ride because of the riding position and stiff chassis.
Eric J is offline   Reply With Quote