Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Insurance > Does being married affect the price of motorcycle insurance?

Does being married affect the price of motorcycle insurance?

This is a discussion on Does being married affect the price of motorcycle insurance? within the Motorcycle Insurance forums, part of the General category; If I am married will my insurance be higher or lower than if I was single?...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2008   #1

Default Does being married affect the price of motorcycle insurance?

If I am married will my insurance be higher or lower than if I was single?
On the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008   #2

it depends, i just applied for my insurance and i did it twice, once with my wife and once without it, and it stayed the same, but i guess it depends on how many tickets each of you have.
sainten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009   #3

It all depends. For some companies yes, for others no. Each company has its own criteria for determining rates.As a general rule, particularly for those with less experience, being married will lower your rates. As will having multiple policies with the same company, having a clean driving record, and keeping your motorcycle stored in a locked building. ------
ISOintelligentlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009   #4

Not for motorcycles. ------
mbrcatz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012   #5

The first benefit is that married couples are seen as lower risk by auto insurance companies. In other words, they are considered safer drivers. According to the site, the lower rates for married couples are based on a combination of statistics and the general social perception of married couples being more responsible.