Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > General > Motorcycle Insurance > Insurance for one month with M1?

Insurance for one month with M1?

This is a discussion on Insurance for one month with M1? within the Motorcycle Insurance forums, part of the General category; Any brokers/companies do this? Already going with allstate once I get my M2, in 30 days, but after doing my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006   #1

Default Insurance for one month with M1?

Any brokers/companies do this? Already going with allstate once I get my M2, in 30 days, but after doing my course I'd like to start practicing what I learned rather than waiting 30 days and getting rusty.

I'm 24 with an sv650 if that matters
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #2

In my first year of riding my insurance company gave me insurance based on M2 rates for the month I had my M1, before I even took the course so I could practice. I have no idea what your company's deal is.. give em a call. If not, I think it might be a whole lot cheaper to wait the month, as hard as it may be!
welsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #3

I have a similar question. Got my M1 60 days ago and will be hopefully getting my M2 this Sunday. Do I also have to wait 30 days?

Or are you just waiting because of the mandatory 60 days?

I don't really want to wait another month:(. Really hoping to get my insurance and plate on Monday so I can start practicing right away.

Thanks
gothicjadeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006   #4

I have a similar question. Got my M1 60 days ago and will be hopefully getting my M2 this Sunday. Do I also have to wait 30 days?

Or are you just waiting because of the mandatory 60 days?

I don't really want to wait another month:(. Really hoping to get my insurance and plate on Monday so I can start practicing right away.

Thanks

If that's the case, then your waiting period is complete. Once you're successful on Sunday at your course. You will be able to upgrade your M1 to M2 on Monday.

Good luck!
jas2world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006   #5

Yes!:D

Thank you.
Yak Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #6

Any brokers/companies do this? Already going with allstate once I get my M2, in 30 days, but after doing my course I'd like to start practicing what I learned rather than waiting 30 days and getting rusty.

I'm 24 with an sv650 if that matters

I know of an insurance broker that will insure M1 license holders...

http://www.easywayinsurance.ca/

... but like most insurance companies, when it comes to bikes, be prepared to commit for one full year. Good luck finding one that will insure you for 30 days!

PS. It isn't going to happen.
Mandy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006   #7

The funniest part about that website issss , when we enter M1 and M2 information its throwing an error that G1 and G2 are not valid ... Think they need better guys to build their systems .... :) ... and it also explains how well and organised insurance sector runs here ......
allen f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #8

There are some companies out there that will insure you with your M1 and they will re rate the policy to M2 rates provided you get your M2 within 30 days.

There are other companies who rate based upon your insurance history, and as such don't use your license class as a rating factor, so your M1, M2 and M pricing will be the same during the first year. Best thing to do is call around and speak to some brokers.
Gobyknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #9

Duffy through Jevco insured me on a cbr 600 F2 for 850 when i had my M1
gablondiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #10

Duffy through Jevco insured me on a cbr 600 F2 for 850 when i had my M1

What year is your bike?
tolydj is offline   Reply With Quote