Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Motorcycle insurance?

This is a discussion on Motorcycle insurance? within the Motorcycle Insurance forums, part of the General category; I want to get my motorcycle license this summer then buy an old bike to ride for awhile till i ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008   #1

Default Motorcycle insurance?

I want to get my motorcycle license this summer then buy an old bike to ride for awhile till i learn enough and buy a new bike later. But i want to know how much the insurance would cost me. Im 17 and live in California. And i want to get a 1985 Kawasaki. Whats the cheapest insurance i can get? How much is it?
drew7892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #2

Insurance is based off of the value of the motorcycle and engine displacement. That bike you got is old, and who knows what size engine. Insurance should be dirt cheap for you even though you are a younger rider.
Kyle S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009   #3

Dairyland Insurance is usually cheaper than anyone else. They will pretty much cover anyone that rides anything. As far as their monthly rate to insure you? Depends on age driving record, type of bike and type of coverages. My son is 17 and looking at full coverage for him was about $90.00 a month. Just liability was about $40.00 a month. This was on an 1100 Cruiser style bike brand new. Just call them and they will give you a quote. Web site www.dairylandinsurance.com Be aware that on the occasion that i had to use them it was harder than hell to collect money from them. But it provides the paper you need. I use Progressive insurance. They are pretty cheap and pay on claims very quickly. Hope all this helps
bigsgt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012   #4

If you are driving a motorcycle on the road, you must have motorcycle insurance. This insurance coverage protects you in the event you are in an accident and you get hurt or you damage your motorcycle. For those that have recreational motorcycles that are not ridden on public roads and meant for off-road use only, you still may wish to consider motorcycle coverage.
Old 08-21-2012   #5

I would recommend you to compare quotes online first. It will cost you nothing and you will be able to get quotes from good companies for free. You can then choose the best one. You age is a big factor and thus rates for you will be higher for sure.