Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > YZ > YZ85 maintaining question?

YZ85 maintaining question?

This is a discussion on YZ85 maintaining question? within the YZ forums, part of the Yamaha category; hey i am 11years old, im geting a yz85 what do i do to maintain it after my rides and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008   #1

Default YZ85 maintaining question?

hey i am 11years old, im geting a yz85 what do i do to maintain it after my rides and keep it good. Also how can a bike seizehow often do i need to rebuild it i ride it about 3hours a week
Daniel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009   #2
XYZ

I'm sure I'll leave something out here, but some big things are of course keeping the air filter clean and oiled, keep a close check on the spokes and chain. Keep a check on all bolts, they will come loose. Change the tranny oil as recommended. As far as seizing, that generally happens from lack of lubrication, which isn't a problem normally for pre-mix 2 strokes since they will always get lubricated unless you just run straight gas in it. It is hard to say how often to rebuild since I don't know how hard you run the bike. I would take it to the shop after a year of riding or so for a good going over and compression check. If you aren't racing the bike you could probably get a couple years or more out of it before you need a top end job. ------
XYZ is offline   Reply With Quote