Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > RM > What motocross bike would you prefer?

What motocross bike would you prefer?

This is a discussion on What motocross bike would you prefer? within the RM forums, part of the Suzuki category; I am starting motocross and I want to race in the 125cc class. What is the bike I should get. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009   #1

Default What motocross bike would you prefer?

I am starting motocross and I want to race in the 125cc class. What is the bike I should get. I am looking at a rm125 suzuki. Are those good motocross bikes? What is your opinion?I was talking about the light class.I'm looking for a bike that has good quality, performance, etc.
Max and Pop W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010   #2

Really there is not a 125 class anymore! The 4 stroke 250's are allowed to run with 125's. If you ride a 125 a 250 will smoke you. Add the fact there are very few available as new anymore.
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010   #3
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to budlight Send a message via Skype™ to budlight

yeah you might as well learn on a 4-stroke 2-strokes are becoming a sideshow in serious racing
Old 10-26-2011   #4

maybe a sideshow in our current class structure, but as a new racer/rider , you'll be alot happier on upkeep, repair costs if/when you rebuild... plus they smell better ... major manufacturers made a big mistake pushing 4t on the MX world ... they're too loud, expensive, difficult to maintain,heavy ?, etc. When EFI, and DI tech finds it's way into the 2t world, Honda,and the AMA will have to re-write the rules again. Like they did in the early 21st century...trying to kill off 2t ! If a 250cc MX 4t had to compete against a 250 MX 2t, with riders of equal skill level, similar mods,etc. ...which would likely prevail ?
ALOT of offroad racers prefer converted 2t MX bikes, or purpose built 2t offroad bikes... just sayin. RM125s,YZ125s,Husky CRs,GasGas XC125s,and KTM125SX are all great bikes to race MX with , at any level. Ask the schoolboys @Loretta Lyn's
compmoto is offline   Reply With Quote