Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Kawasaki > KX > How can I lower the seat height on my 2002 KX250 as much as possible?

How can I lower the seat height on my 2002 KX250 as much as possible?

This is a discussion on How can I lower the seat height on my 2002 KX250 as much as possible? within the KX forums, part of the Kawasaki category; I am 5'1, and every time i go through soft sand (slowly) i lose my balance and put my foot ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008   #1

Default How can I lower the seat height on my 2002 KX250 as much as possible?

I am 5'1, and every time i go through soft sand (slowly) i lose my balance and put my foot down... except my foot doesn't touch the ground, so i fall off.And it's hard to kick start as well, i have to constantly swich my balance to start.I need it to be lowered as much as possible!even if that means 6 inches!!I know you can lower the shocks, and shave the seat foam out but i don't know how, should i just take it to a mechanic and ask them to do every thing possible to lower it so i can comfortably sit on it?Or what, this bike is huge compared to me! what should/can i do??Is there anything that can lower it 6 inches (or more)?!?!?!?!?Thankyou so much!!
Elliot C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009   #2

Stumpy, I just fit my old XT250H, and I'm 5'10"and 130kg. I pity you, because there's very little made for your size, even in kid's sizes. adjusting your shock prob won't be enough, and if you go for different spring you may have more trouble. You really need a smaller capacity, lower or older bike that you fit on. Watch your weight, or it won't pull you around well.
friedach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009   #3

there is an ajusting ring at top of the rear spring with a lock ring wind it lower on that if you need more remove seat and seat cover shave seat foam can refit same seatcover as the seat is plastic you can use electric staple gun it really is easy dont go spending money on it
xx1kx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009   #4

I've seen people use electric carving knives to take off seat foam, but that'll only bring the height down 1/2-1 inch at best. Technically, you can't"lower"a shock, but you can put in softer springs and adjust the sag until your bike is at the point of looking like a hard-tail chopper. The ground clearance will be so poor on it, the frame will scrape on anything higher than a wadded up bubble gum wrapper. It sounds like your riding could use some improvements though. You're not supposed to go through soft sand all that slow. You've got to keep your momentum up and take the weight off your front tire so it doesn't wash out on you. Keep your weight over the rear tire so it has a chance to dig in and bite. Unfortunately, you're kind of stuck in this department. The bike is just too big. It might be better to get a Supermini motocross bike (like a Honda CR150F, or a KX100) and beef up the suspension to handle your weight. Lots of adults ride around on these things and they definitely are more fun than picking up your current machine for the umpteenth time to fire it up. ------
yearroundrider is offline   Reply With Quote