Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Kawasaki > KX > Please, need help on carburetor of a kawasaki kx100?

Please, need help on carburetor of a kawasaki kx100?

This is a discussion on Please, need help on carburetor of a kawasaki kx100? within the KX forums, part of the Kawasaki category; I got this dirt bike from a friend for free not sure what year, I think 1994 or 95 but ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008   #1

Default Please, need help on carburetor of a kawasaki kx100?

I got this dirt bike from a friend for free not sure what year, I think 1994 or 95 but the carburetor was missing until they called me up and told me they had so I went and got it and there aren't any hoses, the only hose is from the fuel tank to the carburetor. I'm wondering where all the hoses should go and what kind I should buy. I took some pictures of it, I also need to know if this carburetor is even compatible with the bike. Pictures of the carburetor all hooked up showing where the hoses should go on your kx100(if you have one)would really help. Also what is the fuel mix ratio or whatever. Also on the carburetor there is a choke adjuster or something, what would be on or off, for example would up be on and down be off. Here are the pictures - http://i4.tinypic.com/6yaho34.jpghtt...om/6kk0zf7.jpg
plagueskateboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008   #2

the choke lever should be up to start when it is cold or hasn't been running after you get the bike started let it run a couple of minutes then flip the lever down , as far as the fuel lines you should have one line to run from the fuel tank to the carb ,then a second line runs from the bottom of the carburater to the bottom of the frame as a overflow
dreynolds699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #3

also remember to get 2 hose that go from the top of the carb. i think theyre air vent hoses. i would also take off the float bowl and make sure they arent stickin real bad
lk125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #4

When the engine is cold, press the choke lever down to start (you can see it lift the choke plunger).When the engine warms up, turn off the choke by lifting the lever up.The brass tube on the bottom of the carb is the float bowl overflow.Attach a hose to that pipe, route it behind the back of the engine and down to the ground.That's so if the carb were to overflow, gas won't drip onto a hot engine.The fat silver tube pointing up goes to the gas tank.Bring the carb to any auto parts store or motorcycle shop and they will sell you the proper size hoses rated for gasoline.On the same side of the carb as the idle screw&fuel intake (left) is a pipe the same color as the carb.That is a vent.Attach a hose to that and just let it hang down past the bottom of the carb.I'm not sure if that's the correct carb for your bike.The brass pipe on the side looks to be an intake for an oil injection model.I could be wrong there.It may just be another breather pipe.Use premix fuel and start the bike.Block that pipe with your finger.If the engine runs worse, it's a breather - attach a hose like you did on the other side.If the engine runs the same or better - block the tube.Take a piece of hose and melt one end closed with a lighter, or jamb something in the end.Then attach it to the carb.http://kawasaki.com/Home/Home.aspxGo to - OWNER INFO - Parts Diagrams - enter your bike's VIN # to determine the year and model.Then look up your bike, go to carburetor and see if your carb has the same jet #s as the one in the picture.When you pre-mix the fuel, mix it at 32:1 - that's what Kawasaki recommends.
guardrailjim is offline   Reply With Quote