Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Kawasaki > KX > Tips for freestyle motocross?

Tips for freestyle motocross?

This is a discussion on Tips for freestyle motocross? within the KX forums, part of the Kawasaki category; I want to start doing it! I'v been riding since I was 6, Im now 15, got a kx250, I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008   #1
FMX

Default Tips for freestyle motocross?

I want to start doing it! I'v been riding since I was 6, Im now 15, got a kx250, I got all the gear. But Any tips on like.. well anything I should know.Thanks!
FMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009   #2

If you've been riding scince you were 6 you should know most bike control, and most judgement. Such as how fast you should go to clear a distance. Pretty much body position is the key to FMX, when taking off of almost any jump put in front of you, you should be centered on the bike, knees and elbows slightly bent, with you face almost even with your bad pad. You should know how to preload by now too. Pretty much just work your way up...its not an easy sport. Im currently 15 almost 16 and have been riding for almost 10 years and riding fmx for 4. Its all mental...if you think you can do it you can. Work your way up to bigger and bigger jumps, start with smaller tricks like no footed cans, supermans, bar hops, and heel clickers...as those are the base tricks from which all other tricks evolved from. In time you will see yourself progressing. And of course your bike setup: Shaved seat, no cross bars on your handle bars, cut airbox/side panels. This actually really helps. Remember though, that if you want to ride freestyle you really have to love it, theres no other reason for it. Don't get into for any other reason than the love of the sport...because the risk factor isnt worth it. ------
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009   #3

"Garret"nailed it for you that was some good advice.....One thing, stock up on (handlebars,levers,wheels,etc.) find a good suspension shop, tell them exactly what your doing you need a good set up.And to all my FMX bros, I will post some foam pit blueprints this week.Expert FMX rider(5years) ------
barry m is offline   Reply With Quote