Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Yamaha > FZ6 > Will they let me buy it?

Will they let me buy it?

This is a discussion on Will they let me buy it? within the FZ6 forums, part of the Yamaha category; Hey I'm 17 and will be turning 18 in September. I plan on getting a credit card on my birthday ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2008   #1

Default Will they let me buy it?

Hey I'm 17 and will be turning 18 in September. I plan on getting a credit card on my birthday and also my license updated but what wud be even better is if I could also get a motorcycle. I'm looking to buy either the 08 or 09 model (if the 09 has come out by than) of a Yamaha FZ6. I work 5 days a week at UPS so I have a job and I can prolly save up a little over a grand by than. Do you think I will be able to get a (loan) from the dealership since I'll be 18 so I could put the $1000 down and ride it away on my birthday? or will I have to build up my credit first by using my credit card and buying things..ect. If I have to build up my credit than how long will it take before they let me buy the bike myself? or what can I do to get my bike on my birthday? Thankss and please help
Jack P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008   #2

Ask at the motorcycle dealer, if they think your income qualifies you for the loan. If not, you may need a co-signer (Mom/Dad?). A cosigner with good income and credit can make establishing your credit quicker, IF YOU MAKE THE PAYMENTS. If not, your co-signer is equally responsible for the loan. Because the cosigner has an established credit history, you may be able to get the motorcycle as soon as you turn 18 (and sign all the papers, that day.) You may have to buy a cheaper motorcycle, to qualify on your income alone, and the question is, would you rather get the cheaper motorcycle on your OWN CREDIT, or the more expensive, on the co-signers credit.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #3

you're screwed, Jack! ------
ymmot ton is offline   Reply With Quote