Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Ducati > 1098 > Is the kawasaki 250 a good starting bike?

Is the kawasaki 250 a good starting bike?

This is a discussion on Is the kawasaki 250 a good starting bike? within the 1098 forums, part of the Ducati category; Well I'm planning way ahead (I.E 3 or four years.) and I'm probably going to use bikes over cars.Naturally, I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008   #1

Default Is the kawasaki 250 a good starting bike?

Well I'm planning way ahead (I.E 3 or four years.) and I'm probably going to use bikes over cars.Naturally, I want the ducati 1098 as a starting bike, but I know this is completely stupid and would probably kill me before I got home.So is the Kawasaki 250 a good bike to start with? Thanks.
Sentenashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #2

Yes it is but don't get milked by some greedy dealer just to have a 250 Ninja.
billcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #3

u can get the 848 ducati as a starter bike...but take a MSF / beginner's riders course firstand get your gears...kawasaki ninja 250R is a great starter bike but if you want to keep it for long time you'll grow out of it really quick...regardless of it's sleek new design and light weight n'good price range...you'll be wanting to move up to a bigger CC in a couple of months
teknodogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #4

I love the way Kawi remodled the new'09 Ninja 250 - looks sharp and has an undisputed durability and reliability.If you think that a Ducati 1098 would kill you if you buy it now - this most likely means that it would kill you down the road when you purchase it.You have to respect the motorcycle and ride it in a speed that you can handle it only.Motorcycles can be your best friend but they can be your worst enemy - it all depends on how you ride them. Remember that it is the rider, not the ride...
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #5

Yes it is, buy and beginner bike USED as you will grow out of it, as well as any minor damage you might do. and yes, you would have a higher chance of death on a larger bike.BTW, these are facts....
rockbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #6

Yeah Kawasaki 250 is the best bike to start with it, it is a good bike for beginner's and easy to ride, the design of these bike is really great with fully loaded features.