Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Manufacturers > Suzuki > SV650 > Whats the difference between a standard and a sport bike?

Whats the difference between a standard and a sport bike?

This is a discussion on Whats the difference between a standard and a sport bike? within the SV650 forums, part of the Suzuki category; I'm looking into my first bike. I found a Suzuki sv650 that is listed as a standard bike, but it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2008   #1

Default Whats the difference between a standard and a sport bike?

I'm looking into my first bike. I found a Suzuki sv650 that is listed as a standard bike, but it looks to me like a sport bike. How do I tell the difference between the two? Also what would be a good"starter"bike. Please list some models that I can research. I'm planning to buy a bike either at the end of this summer or the first part of next season. Thanks for you help.
Mackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008   #2

Sports bikes have a thing about them that seems to suck your common sense out your rear end when you mount it. MOST riders of those things think it is cool to pull the front tire going 80+ mph and dart through traffic like they're the only people out there. THEN they try to convince us CRUISER riders that people out there have no respect for THEM. I have had them come by me in MY lane on the back tire and blow a red light. They think living on the edge is all life has to offer. How about just running off a cliff or something and save the little old lady that thinks she was responsible for your death?A good starter bike is below a 500cc and the one that you want to keep and learn on, but whatever you choose, ride it like you have a little sense.Have fun
Bogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #3

how can't you tellt he diffrence between the two? the sport bike is flashier, with alot of plastic parts, including fairings, which standard bikes do not have....standardhttp://photos.micronexhaust.com/photogallery/02%20SV650%20coh15.jpgsporthttp://www.flickr.com/photos/hermanau/882256103/
shawn p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009   #4

a standard , sometimes called"naked"bike has a normal upright seating position with standard handlebars and foot pegs located in the middlea standard sports bike engine is tuned down for increased torque and lower rpm's so you don't have to scream the engine to travel at higher speedsThe SV650 is an excellent bike, the"S"version comes with a full fairingother recommended standard bikes include the Yamaha FZ6 and the Kawasaki 650 Ninja ------
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009   #5

A stanard bike you ride sitting more up right on. A sport bike you are more leaning forward. A sv650 if you can stand flat footed should be a good bike and be happy with it for years. Look at the fz6 also.rd ------
ronnny is offline   Reply With Quote