Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Parts > Exhaust > New neighbors ruining a nice family neighborhood. What can we do?

New neighbors ruining a nice family neighborhood. What can we do?

This is a discussion on New neighbors ruining a nice family neighborhood. What can we do? within the Exhaust forums, part of the Parts category; My family lives in a very quiet, close-knit neighborhood (everyone in the cul-de-sac has lived here for over 15 years). ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2008   #1

Default New neighbors ruining a nice family neighborhood. What can we do?

My family lives in a very quiet, close-knit neighborhood (everyone in the cul-de-sac has lived here for over 15 years). These new neighbors moved into a house recently, and to put it lightly, they are neighbors from hell. Young punk kids, parties all the time, trash in my yard, our friends'yards, in the street. Beer cans everywhere. Motorcycles, loud cars with annoying mufflers or lack thereof. I'm sick of it, and so are my neighbors. We don't feel safe having our children outside anymore because of these dirt bags who feel it is necessary to drive 45 in their cars and on their bikes into the cul de sac. It sickens me. Is there anything we can do to get them to forcibly move? I am seriously at a snapping point, and if it weren't for my wife and our young boy, I'd have no problem physically smashing their junk and getting physical with these jerks. If anyone knows of anything civil we can do (neighborhood petition, etc.), please let me know before I lose my self control.
ILikeSmooshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008   #2

Your neighbors could get together and buy them out. It has been done. Then the neighbors and you could re-sell the house.
NoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008   #3

I suggest calling the police to observe their antics. If they are speeding, that can be solved with police. The police can also get them for parties, loud music, and trash. That is disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, beer to a minor, and littering. These offenses will have them in trouble for some time. They will eventually get tired of having to obey the laws and will probably move, if not, you can keep them inside by calling the police everytime they do something crazy. This will work more effectively than physically doing harm to them or their belongings.
AnswersGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008   #4

join them.
50 Cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #5

First of all, do you know if they purchased the home or if they are renting? If they are renting, you and all of the long-term residents can begin putting pressure on the landlord/owner.That being said, I would start with the police. Go as a united force (all of the long-term residents) and give them detailed, consistent accounts of what is going on. Provide photos. Provide times, dates and details. Lay out the physical danger to your children.After making your case, suggest they redouble their efforts to patrol the neighborhood. If they balk, if they claim they don't have enough officers, etc., keep pushing them on the physical danger issue with your kids.And if you believe they are renting, ask the police to get a hold of the owner ASAP and have them pressure him to get on it.Hope this helps. Best to you.
Timothy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008   #6

Harass the police as often as your neighbors harass you. who owns the house? child endangerment charges? disturbing the peace? video cameras are great to prove your point
debbiethurstonhumbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #7

You could go over about 2 hrs after they have passed out with a tray of cookies, repeat every 1.5 to 2 hrs ad infinite m. No sleep for them ether. Hay you are just being nabourly. HeHeHe.
jammer is offline   Reply With Quote