Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Parts > Exhaust > Performance exhaust is it hype?

Performance exhaust is it hype?

This is a discussion on Performance exhaust is it hype? within the Exhaust forums, part of the Parts category; Seven motorcycles later and i still wonder if it actualy does anything other then make noise? Yes i did exactly ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008   #1

Default Performance exhaust is it hype?

Seven motorcycles later and i still wonder if it actualy does anything other then make noise? Yes i did exactly what the Jet Kit says or the exhaust manufacture says. Id assume since you go up bigger on the main jet that yes it does do something. Iv never felt a difference other then the noise! Modifing the intakes on bikes i notice a difference but not exhaust! Or could it be such a small gain in power its not noticable? Im starting to think exhaust systems are a waste of money and hype!!!! What do you think?vance&hines/muzzy. Full performance exhaust systems! header,mid-pipe,muffler"complete systems"just thought id clear that up.
Lulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #2

Unless you are racing it, you may not be able to tell. To tell for sure, you need to put on a dyno test bench with before and after results. but most shops with a dyno have records of every thing they have done that you can see.
jammer is offline   Reply With Quote