Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Dual Purpose > Dual Purpose Bike Pic Thread

Dual Purpose Bike Pic Thread

This is a discussion on Dual Purpose Bike Pic Thread within the Dual Purpose forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Hey guys, if this is successful I will sticky it. But I want too see all of your Dual purpose ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006   #1

Default Dual Purpose Bike Pic Thread

Hey guys, if this is successful I will sticky it. But I want too see all of your Dual purpose bikes and a list of any mods done to it.

:D Post them up.
Kay89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #2

Damn, can somebody let me borrow a dozen posts.
wth1516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #3

If you just want to post the link to your pic, I will quote it and make the image viewable to everybody :)
Old 02-13-2006   #4

My 2004 KLR650 I had, man I miss that bike :(, was completely stock but that's the way I liked it + the gear I wanted was way to expensive.

05Thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006   #5

She mainly sees dirt duty at the moment. Tires and turn signal and she'll be back on the street again.
AJ562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006   #6

My '08 XR650L....mostly stock but I removed the evap system and routed the carb vents into the airbox, switched out the stock tires with Dunlop D606s, raised the forks 1 inch and lowered the back about 1 3/4 inches, with a Koubalink, dropped from a 15 tooth in front, to a 13 and swapped out the low stock 'bars, for a set of "Hi-CR" Pro-Tapers. A different pipe will be next. Of course...the stickies went on, the first day. :D

I'm considering modifying the airbox and moving the battery, from behind the numberplate but I'll probably wait 'til the warranty runs out. I may get into some suspension mods...still tryin' to get the stock boingers sorted out. I do kinda' wish there was a Powroll kit for it. :D

These pics were before & after a ride through the National Forest public trails.
Nascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #7

This is my Norte America bike. It will run down the Interstate at 100+, tear through the twistys and it will run gravel/dirt with no problem. It's well balanced so when you're going 4mph the front end stays straight. Lots of torque which keeps you upright and moving forward. This is not a good bike in third world country and it doesn't like wet mud (but neither do I) I've made some mods since this pic but all that amounts to is some tube steel to keep my saddlebags off the exhaust and some hand guards because I take a yearly winter trip to the Northeast for Xmas and some skiing.

This is the bike I ride when in Costa Rica where I spend a lot of time, it's a 600 Tenere. I like the simplicity of this machine. Lots of blowouts on the jungle roads due to logging trucks and the tire pops off in minutes and the motor just chugs along steady. It's light and easy to maneuver through jungle roads and San Jose congestion (both in abundance).

I also have taken long trips on a Bullet and an African Twin which I liked a lot, it's sort of a rough version of the TDM. I've never ridden a Super Tenere but I'd like to. I like Yamaha because they sit low and I'm all of 5'7

If I find some pics of the other bikes I'll post

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/MeCasa/P1010163.jpg
larry r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #8

'06 KLR 650, all stock. Latest in a LONG list of dualsport bikes I've had over the last 30yrs.
gemrtz56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #9

Nice work guys, keep em coming :D
Old 02-16-2006   #10

KLR650, Supertrapp, carb and airbox mods. It's my commuter, I only ride it in the dirt when I see a "road closed" sign.
Red Dirt Landscaping is offline   Reply With Quote