Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Touring > sport touring bikes, what do you like

sport touring bikes, what do you like

This is a discussion on sport touring bikes, what do you like within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Ok there are several bikes made for sport touring and then there are those that some find suitable with some ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006   #1
J C

Default sport touring bikes, what do you like

Ok there are several bikes made for sport touring and then there are those that some find suitable with some add-ons and mods.
The ones that come to mind that are specific to the task are:
Yamaha FJR, Kawasaki C14, BMW k1200-1300GT, R1200RT, Honda ST1300
on the sportier side:
Triumph Sprint ST, BMW K1200-1300S, Ducati ST4
Then The could be's:
Suzuki Hayabusa, Kawasaki ZX14, or what have you

So what do you like and why and are they good for two up or just solo ??
J C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #2

I am not speaking from personal experience, but a close friend of mine is a very avid tourer. He has literally owned over 20 motorcycles, and he has Butt Burners and all kinds of those long distance certifications under his belt. He has owned plenty of touring bikes including Japanese models and two Harleys. He had the Honda ST 1300 previously. Last year he bought the Yamaha FJR and can't stop talking about it. He says definitively that it is the best bike he has ever owned. I'm a Harley guy, so we rib eachother a lot, but I trust his experience.

If a guy with all the miles under his belt says that about the FJR, then how can I tell him he's wrong? Everybody has their own opinion, but I thought I'd pass this along.
HMMMMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006   #3
J C

thanks for the reply toolman. i also like cruisers of many brands and have owned 1 harley and ridden a lot of the 09's. I like them but i think i want a sport tourer this time around for the handeling in the twistees and the outstanding acceleration. If i could i would probably own a street glide and a sport tourer.
J C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006   #4

bikejockey I purchased an 07 FJR a little over a year ago after being off bikes for 10 years. I had previously owned 3 Goldwings and 2 HD FLHTs. I have enjoyed them all but I also find the FJR the best bike I have ever owned. It is very quick and handles the best any bike I have ever owned.
usagreenline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #5

Great thanks for the share
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote