Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Touring > today was a great day 2 ride

today was a great day 2 ride

This is a discussion on today was a great day 2 ride within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; It was 75 out and sunny. What else could you want? I came back home to get the wife and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006   #1

Default today was a great day 2 ride

It was 75 out and sunny. What else could you want? I came back home to get the wife and we are off riding again. Be safe.
eeekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #2

Was 45 degrees here. I stayed in. Day after tomorrow it will be 70+ for 4 straight days! :D
Lennon K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006   #3

I think that the high was about 88F today. Is a 120 mi round trip too much for a sammich? I took the FMs west and went to dinner. Club sammich and a Coors Light. What more can you ask for? I found deer grazing just as I was arriving destination. Knew it would be more fun after sunset.

It was still 80 when I gassed up for the trip home; just after 8:00 PM. Tokico brakes and HIR headlights got me home in one piece! I was just leaving out of the first set of (well they are twisties for around here dang it ) curves when I saw the first 4 deer crossing the road. That started the pattern. Almost every time that i was exiting curves there was deer.

The next was a herd of about 12. They were so confused they were running in circles in the ditch. I came to a full stop and was within 6' of one. I could have pulled over to the fog line and petted her back!

The next two sets of curves both had two more pairs. Everything was headed east. (?) Dunno.

I turned onto another FM. I've only seen deer on the far end (20+ miles ahead) of this FM. Not tonight. First one, then another, then two, then another, then a roost of turkey, more deer, more turkey. Good grief by the time I got to the State Highway I had counted 38 and had held my speed down to about 50 MPH. I had nothng to hurry for anyway.
TechnoStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #4

At dusk, deer seem to be everywhere!

In Kentucky the Division of Fish and Wildlife says there are more deer now that at the time that Daniel Boone settled in Ky. How the heck they can determine that...I don't know!
Wild turkeys were re-introduced about 10 years ago and the population has exploded. With no natural preditors, they are free to multiply unchecked.
I can't begin to tell you how many vehicles I've seen wrecked by deer or turkeys!

CD
runningtoouden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #5

isn't that the truth, there's one stretch of road down here, about 50 mi. between between two towns, and i saw about 12 dead deer just in that stretch. those allong with the 3 packs of 5-10 on the side of the road. it's a good thing i have a loud exhaust that scares them away from the road. other than deer and roads full of gravel it's been beautiful riding the last few weeks.
hookerln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006   #6

It was 75 out and sunny. What else could you want? I came back home to get the wife and we are off riding again. Be safe.

Its always a good day to ride down here:D FYI I am in Daytona now but my phone is on the fritz:(

My Ebay store:D
http://stores.ebay.com/MotoCheapo
bjsecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #7

I don't like TX ride very much have anyone tried California DV ride?
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #8

Default my project horse

So we broke in my project horse today (had our first ride) how does it sound like it went?