Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Touring > What Sport Touring bike to get??

What Sport Touring bike to get??

This is a discussion on What Sport Touring bike to get?? within the Touring forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; I want to get a sport touring bike!! I'm looking at the 07 Triumph Sprint ST abs model. Im 6'2", ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006   #1

Default What Sport Touring bike to get??

I want to get a sport touring bike!! I'm looking at the 07 Triumph Sprint ST abs model. Im 6'2", 200 lbs so It has to be a bigger bike. I want to be able to take long trips comfortably, but still take good twisties. Dont need to worry too much about 2 up because my wife doesnt really care to ride. And budget wise I need to stay around $10,000. Help me out. Thanks
Peter L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #2

I have a katana 600 and I love it. It's great when you find an open road with lots of conners and will not kill you on rides longer than 300 miles.
amidieus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #3

I have an '02 Sprint ST. It's a great bike, IMO. I have not taken it on any long trips yet, though...but I hope to next year. It's quite comfortable for several hours, gets good gas mileage (47-51) and lopes along at 80-100 effortlessly. If you expect to encounter much bad weather, the fairing/windshield maybe could be better, since I live in AZ it hasn't been a big deal for me. Another nice thing is that you don't see one every day. Overall I'm very happy.
Tim
bombdiggitty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #4

If I were to pick a sport tourer today it be the Sprint or the Kawasaki Concours, probably the Sprint would win though.
Booger Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #5

Ducati ST4S.
David W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #6

I really like the FJR1300, but I would be sorely tempted by the new Concours 14 with the ZX14 motor.
ryonsingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #7

I really like the FJR1300, but I would be sorely tempted by the new Concours 14 with the ZX14 motor.

The new concours 14 is an amazing machine--simply amazing
bahiadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #8

I have a 2001 Triumph Sprint ST and it is a very comfortable bike. Good amount of power too. I also have a Suzuki Hayabusa now which I feel is just as comfy even being over the tank more.
I am toying with the idea of stripping the Triumph down to a naked bike to somewhat resemble the Speed Triple. I have never seen anyone do this before but the bikes are very similar once the fairings are removed.

Shawn
andy t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #9

I took the MSF course this past weekend and one of the instructors had a Concours with almost 100k miles on it. He says the only maintenance he ever really has to do is change the oil once a year. I've always like those bikes and now I'm pretty sure the next one I get will be a Concours.
Kenneth c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #10

My husband has an FJR 1300 and loves it, even on the 500 mile days. We have a buddy that has the new Concours 14, the 5th bike in his stable. The jury is still out on his favorite. He also has the FJR 1300, Gold Wing, Road Star...I think he rides the Gold Wing most, but this is full blown touring, not sport touring.

If I had 5 more inches on me, i think it would be the FJR!
cody h is offline   Reply With Quote