Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Vintage > Restoring a 1967 CD125 Honda

Restoring a 1967 CD125 Honda

This is a discussion on Restoring a 1967 CD125 Honda within the Vintage forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; hey there thanks again for the part sites your bikes look great hope that mine turns out close to that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012   #11

Default great job

hey there thanks again for the part sites your bikes look great hope that mine turns out close to that

Take Care Pepper
pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #12

Thanks Pepper, I am looking forward to some progress reports on your bike as you move forward.
Back Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #13

will do I have a lot of work to do but will be wourth it in the end

Thanks Pepper
Old 03-28-2012   #14

Default Hey Back Roader

Well here is the first update. The shop manual and wireharness came the other day and finally had a chance to work on it. Well after alot of attempts to get spark before... I now have spark after changing the wiring harness small victory as this is my first crack at restoration. Im hoping to get things back together to try and get it to start will be loud though just straight pipes. The left sprocket cover arrived today but it is the wrong one it must be off a 125ss or something any ideas where i can find one?

Thanks Pepper
Old 03-29-2012   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
Well here is the first update. The shop manual and wireharness came the other day and finally had a chance to work on it. Well after alot of attempts to get spark before... I now have spark after changing the wiring harness small victory as this is my first crack at restoration. Im hoping to get things back together to try and get it to start will be loud though just straight pipes. The left sprocket cover arrived today but it is the wrong one it must be off a 125ss or something any ideas where i can find one?

Thanks Pepper
Good to hear the project is advancing....too bad about the side cover, it happens, the CD125 is still being produced and a number of changes have been made over the years. I bought a carb, which does not fit, same problem.
May I suggest, next time you order, try to get in touch with the seller.... not saying they will be very helpful, but they may know if it in fact will work or have another one.

I had to change out the Selenium Rectifier, and the one I got off Ebay, had the wrong connector... easy fix, but just the same...not a perfect match.
You may what to check your rectifier, it's located inside the frame under the gas tank. If the rubber is toast or the part has been exposed to weather, you will find when your head light is on it will kill the battery in short order. If this happens to you, simply turn off the head light and the bike will start again. Nice thing about old technology...LOL . I figured this out all by myself, after pushing for half an hour, I was curious as to what the black dot was on the light swith....dah, off...
Old 03-29-2012   #16

Thanks yes will try to ask a few more question before buying. The shop manual does not have the part numbers and I have been trying to find a site with them but every time I go on a honda site it does not list the parts anymore.
Old 03-29-2012   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
Thanks yes will try to ask a few more question before buying. The shop manual does not have the part numbers and I have been trying to find a site with them but every time I go on a honda site it does not list the parts anymore.
Try this link.... note, the prices are not in dollars.

I have never orderd anything from this site, but they do have pretty well everything.

parts honda cd125a cd125 accessories spares replacement oem aftermarket
Old 03-29-2012   #18

Thanks Back Roader

Yes I've been on this site and seen all that they have and they do have alot. Just trying to find the exact part number of the left sprocket cover. I did notice that that is where you buy the $1700.00 dollar exaust though... LOl I think I will choose the aftermarket ones as well.

Take care I will let you know if it runs, should now with spark the miles on the bike is only 1400.

Thanks for all the help I appreciate it
Pepper
Old 03-30-2012   #19

I found two CD125's for sale in Alberta, both over priced and not in great shape. I love it when someone takes a paint brush to a bike thinking it's going to look pretty good after it's all said and done....
Old 03-30-2012   #20

hey there how much are they asking or would they part it out??