Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Cycle Chaos > Cyclechaos Forums > Types of Bikes > Choppers > chopper with ultima 120

chopper with ultima 120

This is a discussion on chopper with ultima 120 within the Choppers forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; riding on the highway on 5th gear,normal,no problems.suddendly the bike stop running. everything shut off. pulled to the side and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2006   #1

Default chopper with ultima 120

riding on the highway on 5th gear,normal,no problems.suddendly the bike stop running. everything shut off. pulled to the side and tried to restart but noticed noize coming from jackshaft and ring gear. my mechanic took parts out and found jackshaft had broken teeth and damaged the ring gear. ordered parts,installed and when tried to start it seems that the engine timing is too advance. we tried 3 times and we stop. we dont want to ruin another jackshaft and ring gear. Do you know what the problem could be? please i need your advised on what to do here. we removed spark plugs and tried to start and theres compression. there is spark, this engine only has 1K miles. Helppppp!!!!!!!! how do i know if the engine timing is too advance? called ultima tech support but they will call back tomorrow.
steve moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006   #2

Jackshaft?...Ring gear?...dunno bout such things but valve timing might have jumped. Everything shut off? you mean light's? Say you got spark so ignition timing is to spark the plug just before piston reached top dead center. Surprised your mechanic can pull the ring gear and jack shaft and not be able to set ignition timing. Is this a Chinese bike?
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006   #3

is the drive gear, and it damaged the ring gear on the flywheel. obviously my mechanic didnt want to keep trying because it didnt want to damaged the drive gear and flywheel again. and he didnt want to mess with the engine because is brand new. only has 1k miles. we called ultima but my engine is out of warranty. so i am all on my own.
steve moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006   #4

new engine no warranty ??
adalaystar is offline   Reply With Quote