Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

saddlebags

This is a discussion on saddlebags within the Rebel forums, part of the Honda category; I am looking at a set of throw over saddlebags for my 250. Now I have been told that I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2008   #1

Default saddlebags

I am looking at a set of throw over saddlebags for my 250. Now I have been told that I do need bag guards and I have been told that I do NOT need them. They measure 12 x 9 x 5 Could someone here tell me the correct answer? Thank's
Teesee
JUNE Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008   #2

Default saddlebags

After installing willie and max raptor series bags on my rebel I found that I didn't need guards. They hang well below my chain guard on one side and below my brake assembly on the other. My bags are under the seat which lowers them quite a bit. If I were to just throw them over the seat I would have gotten guards. Just be comfortably sure they aren't going to find their way into the rear wheel.
MANLY EGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008   #3

Default saddlebags

I put sadle bags on my reb under the pillion, didn't use bag guards. I made a pair of guards, just never put them on. I've been running mine like that for almost two thousand miles. The bags are below the chain, etc. Actually they hang about an inch and a half below the axle nut. I have them secured to the tail with a small loose bungee, keeps them from flopping around. The only draw back is that they rubbed the numbers off the stickers on the shocks. They are hard bags, that my make a difference in needing to use a guard.

Bippie
Scotty boy is offline   Reply With Quote