Register
Join Cyclechaos! Motorcycles Wiki Forum Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cruisers?

This is a discussion on Cruisers? within the Cruisers forums, part of the Types of Bikes category; Is noone here to post about their cruisers? I mean, I look at a forum about cruisers, and all I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009   #1

Location: Columbia, SC. Not a bad place to live, but a bit hot for me.
Send a message via Yahoo to elricofimryr Send a message via Skype™ to elricofimryr
Default Cruisers?

Is noone here to post about their cruisers? I mean, I look at a forum about cruisers, and all I see are sales. Come on, people... Aren't forums supposed to be where people can come to brag about their rides, to ask questions? How to customize, how'd you do that, how can I make mine that cool? But all I see are forums of people trying to sell stuff. Well, here's my thread, then. Come, brag, show off, ask questions, whatever. Just please, make it about the bikes themselves, dig?
elricofimryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #2

Location: Columbia, SC. Not a bad place to live, but a bit hot for me.
Send a message via Yahoo to elricofimryr Send a message via Skype™ to elricofimryr
Default Mine!

Just to kick it off, I'm going to insert a reply thread about my bike! It's a crimson-colored goodie, though an oldie. A classic 1985 Honda Shadow! It rides low, it rides slow! No, seriously... really slow. I don't honestly thin I've ever made it go above 75. I had someone clock me while running up I-20 here in SC. He said I hit 75 once. Lucky me, right? It's got a leaking gas tank, too. The lower tank, the one under the seat. It barely holds a quarter gallon without spilling it. It sucks! If anyone does know a thing or two about these motorcycles....can you tell me why my air intake was filled with slimy disgusting mud? Wasn't even just mud, either. Scary thing is, it actually kinda smelled like oil. I know for a fact that there's no oil line inside there, so I have to wonder, right? Not just those things... but I still would like to know why my bike won't do above 75? I don't mind not doing 90, but it takes me a good three or four miles just to get to 70! If there's a slight uphill, forget it! It's old, leaking, and a bit misused. Anyone got any ideas on how to handle this beast? I really hate to let it sit like that... so I'm hoping that someone here can help. As a side note, I'm also considering chopping it up a bit. Remove the back seat (and backrest), shop off part of the fender, lower the handlebars... ect. Leave the front end where it is, mind you. I got a set of highway bars, just have to put new pegs on there. I'm also thinking about welding the pegs to the highway bar... the last ones fell off, and they were pinned to the bar. They had pins that ran through the peg and bar, and they actually fell apart, letting the peg itself fall off. But annoying, right? So, gonna have to weld those puppies on... make sure they're not about to fall off. So... any ideas? Let them roll! I'm always up to hear about new things I can do to my Shadow. Just as long as I fix it so it runs like it's supposed to.
elricofimryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011   #3
lha

Quote:
Originally Posted by elricofimryr View Post
Just to kick it off, I'm going to insert a reply thread about my bike! It's a crimson-colored goodie, though an oldie. A classic 1985 Honda Shadow! It rides low, it rides slow! No, seriously... really slow. I don't honestly thin I've ever made it go above 75. I had someone clock me while running up I-20 here in SC. He said I hit 75 once. Lucky me, right? It's got a leaking gas tank, too. The lower tank, the one under the seat. It barely holds a quarter gallon without spilling it. It sucks! If anyone does know a thing or two about these motorcycles....can you tell me why my air intake was filled with slimy disgusting mud? Wasn't even just mud, either. Scary thing is, it actually kinda smelled like oil. I know for a fact that there's no oil line inside there, so I have to wonder, right? Not just those things... but I still would like to know why my bike won't do above 75? I don't mind not doing 90, but it takes me a good three or four miles just to get to 70! If there's a slight uphill, forget it! It's old, leaking, and a bit misused. Anyone got any ideas on how to handle this beast? I really hate to let it sit like that... so I'm hoping that someone here can help. As a side note, I'm also considering chopping it up a bit. Remove the back seat (and backrest), shop off part of the fender, lower the handlebars... ect. Leave the front end where it is, mind you. I got a set of highway bars, just have to put new pegs on there. I'm also thinking about welding the pegs to the highway bar... the last ones fell off, and they were pinned to the bar. They had pins that ran through the peg and bar, and they actually fell apart, letting the peg itself fall off. But annoying, right? So, gonna have to weld those puppies on... make sure they're not about to fall off. So... any ideas? Let them roll! I'm always up to hear about new things I can do to my Shadow. Just as long as I fix it so it runs like it's supposed to.
The oil in your air filter is from blow-by,indicative of worn rings,cylinders etc.This causes loss of compression,and power like that needed going uphill.Take it apart,have the jugs bored,and get new pistons,rings,wrist pins,etc. Good luck,not a big job.lha
lha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #4

Hey thanks i was also facing the filter problem long time.
Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #5

My cruisers are a 1993 Yamaha GTS 1000 (forkless) bike and a 2003 HD Road King Classic. One is a faster sport tourer and the other is a slower go slow and see everything kind of bike.
Whip Lash is offline   Reply With Quote