BSA B50 MX
The BSA B50 MX was a air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder, OHV Enduro motorcycle produced by BSA in 1971. Max torque was 28.03 ft/lbs (38.0 Nm) @ 5000 RPM. Claimed horsepower was 34.06 HP (25.4 KW) @ 6200 RPM.
|BSA B50 MX|
air-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder, OHV
|Bore / Stroke||83.8mm x 83.8mm|
|Horsepower||34.06 HP (25.4 KW) @ 6200RPM|
|Torque||28.03 ft/lbs (38.0 Nm) @ 5000RPM|
|Transmission||Gear box: 4-speed, manual
Final Drive: chain
|Suspension||Front: telescopic fork
Rear: dual shocks
|Front Tire||3.25 x 18|
|Rear Tire||3.5 x 18|
|Wheelbase||54.02 inches (1372 mm)|
|Length||85.0 inches (2159 mm)|
|Width||29.02 inches (737 mm)|
|Seat Height||32.01 inches (813 mm)|
|Weight||140.0 kg (wet)|
The bike has a 4-speed, manual transmission. Power was moderated via the wet multi-disc, manual.
It came with a 3.25 x 18 front tire and a 3.5 x 18 rear tire. Stopping was achieved via drum in the front and a drum in the rear. The front suspension was a telescopic fork while the rear was equipped with a dual shocks. The wheelbase was 54.02 inches (1372 mm) long.
1971 - 1973 BSA B50 MXEdit
The 1971 BSA B50 MX sports an air-cooled, four-stroke, 499cc, single cylinder powerplant mated to a four-speed manual transmission and can produce a claimed 34 horsepower and 38 Nm of torque. This off-road machine was one of the most successful moto-cross machines designed by BSA, and had standard fittings such as a single seat, a small fuel tank, wide handlebars, a telescopic front fork coupled to dual shocks as a rear suspension, laced wheels with knobby tires mounted on them, a black steel frame and drum brakes in the front and in the rear.