|Front Tire||120/80-16 '84|
|Rear Tire||140/80-17 '84|
|Brochures · Reviews · Ads · Videos|
First came the VF1000F Interceptor in 1984 then it was superceded with the VF1000R in 1985 (in the United States). The VF1000R was not technically sold under the Interceptor moniker, but since it has similiar designation numbers is normally lumped into the same category.
This was Honda's first production race bike, modeled after the likes of Freddie Spencers infamous NS500; this bike has a hand-laid fiberglass fairing, a V-4 with 122 hp to the rear. The 1984 model had chain driven cams with later models being upgraded to gear driven cams.
In 1984 Americans were offered only the VF1000F model while the VF1000R model existed in Europe. While, they were happy to be able to buy the big V-4, popular magazines showcased the European model, and Americans realized the model they had been offered was decidedly pedestrian in comparison.
The VF1000F'84 1000 Interceptor was sold in 1984 and was available in one color scheme: Shasta White with Candy Aleutian Blue and Candy Bourgogne Red. The seat and knee area panel were blue. The "HONDA" and "INTERCEPTOR" striping were red. The overhead camshafts were chain driven.
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, In-line V4, 16-valve, DOHC
- Displacement: 998cc
- Bore & Stroke: 77 x 53.6 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Clutch: Hydraulic one-way limited-slip clutch
- Transmission: 5-speed, chain drive
- Frame: Rectangular-section frame
- Front Brakes: Dual Disc, Dual Piston Caliper
- Rear Brakes: Dual Piston, Disc
- Front Suspension: Air-assisted Telescopic Fork with TRAC™ Anti-dive
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link™ Single Shock
- Front Tire size: 120/80V16
- Rear Tire size: 140/80V17
- Wheelbase: 1505 mm (59.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 800 mm (31.5 in)
- Dry Weight: 234 kg (515.7 lb)
- Fuel Capacity: 23 liters (5.1 Imp. Gal.) (6.1 US Gal.)
- The serial number began JH2SC150*EM000017
|Motorcycles: CB series | CBF series | CM/CMX series | CX Series | CBR series | NSR series | CR series | Pacific Coast | XR/XL series | Bros/HawkGT | VF/VFR series | VT series | VTX series | ST series | Valkyrie series | GL series| NR series|
|Mopeds and light motorcycles: Ape models | Cub series | CT series | ST series/Dax | S series |Wave series | Z series|