|Brochures · Reviews · Ads · Videos|
The Honda CG125 is a commuter bike made by Honda of Japan. It has been in production since 1976 and is currently manufactured in Brazil (and has been since around 2000). Over its lifetime, the CG125 has received numerous enhancements and tweaks:
- The electrics were upgraded from 6V to 12V
- An electric start was added in 2001, originally alongside the original Kick start and replacing it completely in 2004.
2004 saw a number of further changes:
- The front drum brake was replaced by a disc brake
- A new instrument cluster, including a fuel gauge for the first time, replaced the old square unit.
- The fuel capacity was increased to 13l
- The styling was modernized
- The chain casing was dropped in favor of a chain guard
This last change is one of the very few changes that sacrificed functionality in favour of aesthetics.
The CG125 is powered by a very fuel efficient 124cc single cylinder 4-stroke OHV engine that has changed little over the years. With careful use, it is quite capable of achieving more than 100mpg, and over it's comparatively long history the CG has earned itself as a reputation as a "bullet proof" machine.
Due to its design success, several direct copies of the CG125 have sprung up (mostly from Chinese and Korean manufacturers), such as the Hongdou CG125, the Champ Commuter, the Warrior Dispatch and the Kymco Pulsar125.
In Brazil and in the UK, it is easily the most widely used beginner motorcycle by training schools.
Honda CG125 was not sold in the USA or Canada. The tank design is like the 1974 models.
- Engine Type: Air-cooled 4-stroke OHV single cylinder
- Engine Displacement: 124cc
- Bore & Stroke: 56.5 x 49.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Carburetion: 22mm piston-valve type carburetor
- Max. Power Output: 11 bhp at 9000 rpm
- Max. Torque: 9.8Nm at 7000 rpm
- Ignition: Capacitor Discharge - CDI
- Starter: Electric
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Roller chain
- Length x Width x Height: 1982 x 736 x 1067mm
- Wheelbase: 1297mm
- Seat Height: 781mm
- Ground Clearance: 173mm
- Fuel Capacity: 13.5 liters (including 2.3-liter reserve)
- Dry Weight: 114kg
- Front Wheel: 18 x 1.60 steel rim/wire spoke
- Rear Wheel: 18 x 1.85 steel rim/wire spoke
- Front Tire: 2.75-18 (42P)
- Rear Tire: 90/90-18 (57P)
- Front Suspension: 31mm telescopic fork, 102mm axle travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual dampers with 5-step adjustable spring preload, 80mm axle travel
- Front Brakes: 240mm hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
- Rear Brakes: 130mm leading/trailing drum
|Motorcycles: CB series | CBF series | CM/CMX series | CX Series | CBR series | NSR series | CR series | Pacific Coast | XR/XL series | Bros/HawkGT | VF/VFR series | VT series | VTX series | ST series | Valkyrie series | GL series| NR series|
|Mopeds and light motorcycles: Ape models | Cub series | CT series | ST series/Dax | S series |Wave series | Z series|