|Front Tire||120/70-17 '05-07|
|Rear Tire||180/55-17 '05-07|
|Brochures · Reviews · Ads · Videos|
The Yamaha FZ6 is a budget middleweight crossover bike built around the 2003 YZF R6 engine. The engine is retuned for more midrange power where it is more useable. It comes with a somewhat soft suspension that makes it easy on beginners and very well suited for sport-touring, commuting, or just having fun on curvy mountain roads.
A significant factor making this bike a popular choice is its underseat exhaust. Another attractive feature is its half-fairing, positioning it somewhere between a full supersport and a naked streetfighter (although in Europe and Australia the fully naked look is available as the FZ-6N option).
This motorcycle is considered the "Swiss Army Knife" of motorcycles since it can easily handle sport riding, touring, and commuting. Many owners of these motorcycles modify them more to their specific style of riding. Some owners just leave them stock and enjoy the "all-rounder" capabilities. There is a large following of motorcycle owners and many are fanatic about making their FZ6 unique and one of a kind. Because of this, there are many aftermarket parts available. The U.S. Model is known internally as the FZS600.
FZ6 specs 2004 to 2006
- Engine Type 600cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline 4-cylinder, 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke 65.5 x 44.5mm
- Compression Ratio 12.2:1
- Group Fuel Injection, 36mm throttle bodies
- Digital TCI
- 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
- Final Drive #530 O-ring chain
- Suspension/Front 43mm telescopic fork, 5.1" travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, adjustable preload; 5.1" travel
- Brakes/Front Dual 298mm floating discs w/2-piston pin slide calipers
- Brakes/Rear 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
- Tires/Front 120/70-ZR17
- Tires/Rear 180/55-ZR17
- Length 82.5"
- Width 29.5"
- Height 47.8”
- Seat Height 31.3"
- Wheelbase 56.7"
- Rake (Caster Angle) 25.0° Trail 3.8"
- Fuel Capacity 5.1 gallons
- Dry Weight 423 lbs.
Notable changes per year.
2004: Silver wheels, engine and frame. The United States color options: Liquid Silver and Galaxy Blue.
2005: Black wheels. Silver engine and frame. The United States color options: Cerulean Silver and Galaxy Blue.
2006: Black wheels, engine and frame. The United States color options: Shift Red & Blue.