|File:Ducati 1299 2015.JPG|
|Engine||Liquid cooled 90° 1285cc L-twin, 4-valve/cyl desmodromic|
|Bore / Stroke||116×60.8mm|
|Horse Power||205 hp (150.8 kW) @ 10,500 rpm (claimed) |
174.8hp@ 10,400 rpm (rear wheel)
|Torque||106.7 lb-ft @ 8750 rpm (claimed)|
94.2lbft@ 8,500 rpm (rear wheel))
|Frame type||Aluminum monocoque|
|Rake, Trail||24°, Template:Convert|
|Weight||Template:Convert (dry), Template:Convert (wet)|
|Brochures · Reviews · Ads · Videos|
The Ducati 1299 Panigale is a 1285cc Ducati sport bike unveiled at the 2014 Milan Motorcycle Show and produced since 2015 as a successor to the 1198cc 1199. The motorcycle is named after the small manufacturing town of Borgo Panigale.
The 1299 wheelbase remains the same at 1437 mm. The base version retains front forks by Marzocchi and Sachs shock absorber; The S variant has new semi-active Öhlins Smart EC suspension that can be switched between different driving modes to match road conditions.
The entire range is now equipped with new generation of electronics, including a new IMU, racing ABS and anti-wheelie. Switchable riding modes and traction controls, similar to the old version, have been ported over onto the new platform.
Ducati Panigale R
Due to World SuperBike engine displacement regulations, the engine in the R variant of 1299 Panigale retains the old 1,198 cc displacement, with the addition of a tungsten-balanced crankshaft, titanium valves and con-rods and two-ring pistons. Power figures for the R are same as other 1299 models with 150.8 kW (205 hp) @ 11,500 rpm, torque is down 6.2 lb-ft to 100.5 lb-ft (136.2 Nm) @ 10,250 rpm.
The Panigale R comes equipped with passive Öhlins suspension, a difference to the old R spec which used to be equipped with an active setup (DES). Compared to the other variants, wheelbase is increased to 1442 mm (56.77) thanks to new steering geometry. It also comes equipped with an Termignoni titanium exhaust, and Ducati's data acquisition system. Weight is 357 lb (162 kg) dry or 406 pounds wet.
In November 2016, Ducati began selling the 1299 Superleggera (Italian for Superlight) in a limited run of 500 units. It succeeded the original 1199 Superleggera of 2014, which reduced weight by having a monocoque, composite carbon fiber chassis, magnesium engine casings, and titanium fasteners and exhaust system. Ducati claimed the 1299 had a wet weight of Template:Convert, and an Template:Convert engine output of Template:Convert.
- Ducati Panigale V4: A New Opera.
- Superbike 1299 Panigale. Ducati (2016). Retrieved on September 4, 2016.
- Sportbike Weights and Measurements. Sport Rider (August 23, 2011). Retrieved on September 5, 2016.
- EICMA 2014 FIRST LOOK: 2015 Ducati Panigale 1299 (3 November 2014). Retrieved on 2014-03-11.
- Superbike Panigale R. Ducati (2016). Retrieved on September 4, 2016.
- 1299 Superleggera - 1299 Superleggera.
- Adams, Bradley. Ducati's 1299 Superleggera Is The Most Powerful Twin-Cylinder Production Bike It's Ever Produced. Cycle World. Retrieved on February 17, 2017.
- MacDonald, Sean (November 9, 2016). Video: The Ducati 1299 Superleggera Is A Beast On The Track. Cycle World. Retrieved on February 17, 2017.
- Ducati Panigale official website
- [Official website|http://www.panigale.ducati.com/en/R Ducati Panigale R official website]