The F-series began in 1966 with the Kawasaki F2TR, a 175cc dual-purpose trail bike and 1967 Kawasaki F11 250cc off-road bike. It was succeeding bikes which made Kawasaki a power in the dual-purpose and off-road motorcycling. The bikes were very similar in overall design.
- Kawasaki F6 125cc 1971-1975
- Kawasaki F4 250cc "Sidewinder" 1969-1970
- Kawasaki F8 250cc "Bison" 1971-1972
- Kawasaki F11 250cc 1972-1975
- Kawasaki F11M 250cc 1967
- Kawasaki F12MX 450cc 1973
Kawasaki began its K-series of motorcycles in earnest in 1975.