|Also called||Super Bol D'or|
Race bred, 1062cc DOHC, 4-valve, inline four-cylinder
|Spark Plug||NGK DR8ES '83|
|Battery||YUASA YB14L-A2 '83|
|Final Drive||Chain: 530x104|
|Suspension||front: Air-adjustable, 39mm front forks with integrated fork brace and TRAC™ anti-dive control system
Rear: Adjustable damping rear shocks with aluminum reservoirs
|Brakes||Triple disc brakes with twin piston calipers|
|Front Tire||100/90-18 '83|
|Rear Tire||130/90-17 '83|
|Wheelbase||1519mm (59.8 in.)|
|Seat Height||820mm (32.3 in.)|
|Oil Filter||K&N KN-401|
|Fuel Capacity||20 liters(5.3 gal)|
|Related||Honda CB1100F Concept
In 1979 Honda produced a Double Over Head Cam (DOHC) 750cc engine that rocked the Motorcycle industry with its double cams and solid power-band the 750cc engine produced 72BHP @ 9000RPM, this engine was used in CB750F from 79-82 in the USA. In 1980 Honda released the CB900F using a race bred 901cc DOHC engine it was a step above the CB750 with its longer stroke and hotter cams squeezed out 84BHP @ 8500RPM. The only years the CB900F was offered in the USA where 1981-1982.
In 1983 Honda gave the United States a chance to own the CB1100F! This bike was leagues beyond its 2 ancestors. Using hotter cams, larger pistons, and a redesigned combustion chamber the CB1100F produced 108BHP @ 8500RPM (International model produced 115 HP). Honda also increased the rake and put on a cool 1/4 fairing for wind deflection. The dash featured a 150MPH speedometer and 2 piece handlebars. The wheels are new also they where cast 1 piece instead of the standard com-star or spoke design. In 1983 only 2 colors offered on the CB1100F in the USA were Red and Blue.
- Available color schemes:
- Candy Pearl Maui Red with Pearl Shell White
- Candy Pearl Capiolani Blue with Pearl Shell White
- On the red bike, the panels were white while the striping was black
- On the blue bike, the panels were white while the striping was red.
- The 4-into-2 exhaust system was black chrome.
- The headlight was rectangular with a fork mounted sport fairing. (Non US had a 7" round headlight with no fairing)
- Engine: Race bred, 1062cc DOHC, 4-valve, inline four-cylinder
- Transmission: 5-speed transmission
- Drive: chain
- Rear suspension: Adjustable damping rear shocks with aluminum reservoirs
- Front suspension: Air-adjustable, 39mm front forks with integrated fork brace and TRAC™ anti-dive control system
- Oil cooler: Large capacity
- Brakes: Triple disc brakes with twin piston calipers
- Wheelbase: 1519mm (59.8 in.)
- Seat height: 820mm (32.3 in.)
- Fuel capacity: 20 liters(5.3 gal)
- The serial number began JH2SC110*DM000020.
- Non-US bikes featured gold anodized comstar wheels.
- U.S. bikes came with tubular handlebars where International versions came with 2 piece bolt on bars
- International models came with single walled black exhaust pipes (as bluing wasn't a problem with black pipes)
- Honda offered color matched fairings as an optional accessory.